The world is a small place. Ever since man started traveling around the world the question of communication came into the picture.
Roughly 6500 languages are spoken in the world. But for effective communication to take place what is more important is the way you
Communication is simply ‘what we say’ and ‘how we say’.
“Communication – the human connection – is the key to personal and career success.” - Paul J. Meyer
An organization can make progress when the employees are well versed with communication skills and
when there is no miscommunication the organization runs smoothly.
Communication is broadly classified as verbal and non-verbal communication.
A. Verbal Communication
- Verbal Communication is the use of sounds and words to express yourself, especially in contrast to using gestures. This requires a sound vocabulary and a good command over a particular language.
- A good communicator should also be a good listener to give the correct response to the point put across by the other person. As verbal communication is immediate it proves to be a good method of carrying out a discussion to reach the end soon.
- A good communicator should also be a good listener to give the correct response to the point put across by the other person.
- As verbal communication is immediate it proves to be a good method of carrying out a discussion to reach the end soon.
B. Non-Verbal Communication
"Communication happens even before you open your mouth." ~ Sneha Daragshetti
- Non-verbal communication is also known as Body Language Using our body to covey the message correctly and making an impact during a conversation.
- It includes facial expressions, the tone, and pitch of the voice, gestures displayed through body language. You should be audible and your speech should be clear.
- Your body language shouldn’t offend the other person and gestures should convey the appropriate message. The use of hands and facial expressions should create an impression. The use of wrong gestures can lead to problems in an organization.
Who should be learning this art?
Education plays an important role in order to secure a degree but good communication skills are like a cherry on top of the cake.
- Be it a student, an employee, or an entrepreneur any person can excel in their respective fields with the help of effective communication
- You should be able to express yourself well in order to get a well-paid job, to get a promotion at your workplace and also to represent your very own venture well
- Along with verbal communication in today’s world, you need to be well equipped with presentation skills which include both PowerPoint presentations and individual presentations
- Audio-visual way of communication is said to be highly effective. It makes use of various pictures, videos in addition to the speech by the speaker
- You should be assertive in communication and build a positive environment
A leader is the one who leads the crowd and takes charge of any given responsibility. A team with good communication can create wonders. For the good functioning of a team, all the members should work with zeal and have the common goal of the betterment of the organization.
“Take advantage of every opportunity to practice your communication skills so that when important occasions arise, you will have the gift, the style, the sharpness, the clarity, and the emotions to affect other people.” - Jim Rohn
With the valuable insights and secrets of effective communication, you will excel in
the professional world and leave a mark to make a difference.
At SNEZEAL, we ensure that you learn the subtle art of communication!!
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram for more updates and posts.